In the second part of our two-article series covering EPF withdrawal, we will see how to check your EPF claim status.
After you’ve submitted your application for withdrawal from your EPF account, you’re probably anxious to know if your claim was approved. Thanks to the EPFO’s online tool to check EPF claim status, you can check your withdrawal status quickly and effortlessly.
Earlier, after submitting a withdrawal claim form, you would have to make numerous trips to the EPFO to check your application’s status. Now, there is a simple online procedure that shows you your EPF claim status. Moreover, with the EPFO embracing digital technology with dedicated e-Sewa portals, the claim process has become much faster.
How to check EPF Claim Status
Checking the status of your EPF withdrawal is a breeze. Before you check your EPF claim status, make sure you have your 12-digit EPF account number ready. Then, follow the steps below to get updated about your EPF claim status as soon as the change is made by the EPF office.
- On the EPFO’s ‘Know Your Claim Status’ (or KYCS) page, click on the text “Click here for knowing the Claim Status”.
- From the drop down list, select the EPF office state.
- On the next page, select your city-specific EPFO. That is, select the office that maintains your EPF account.
Note – If you are not sure of the office that maintains your records, take a quick look at the first five characters of your EPF account number. The first two characters indicate the code for your state. The next three characters indicate the code for your regional office. Match it to the options available in the list and click on your EPF office.
- Next, enter your EPF account number. The first (maximum) 7 characters are the Establishment Code. The next (maximum) 3 characters are the Extension code. In case your EPF account number does not have the extension code, you can leave this box blank. The last (maximum) 7 characters are the Employee number.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will be able to see the real-time status of your EPF withdrawal application. If you submitted a claim for PF settlement, for example, it will show the same and whether it has been approved. At times, owing to unforeseen delays, you may not be able to see the present status. Wait for a few days and check again before you contact the EPFO Helpdesk.
If this information has proved to be helpful to you, please share it with your friends and family members. If you have any query or question regarding EPFO claim status, then please use the comment box below.